Monday, March 21, 2011

Yes, I know...

I'm a horrible blogger! I haven't really kept you guys updated on anything that's going on, and that's because honestly, there's not much going on. The Mr. and I have been spending all of our "crafty time" painting ALL of the trim and interior doors throughout the house. Oh yes, ALL of it (read all about that here). And since our trim paint was oil-based, we're having to prime and paint it as opposed to just painting it. Blah! It was a huge undertaking, but I know that it will be worth it in the end (of course, that doesn't mean that I don't moan and groan the whole time... I'm sure the Mr. loves that part...). So far we've managed to finish the kitchen, living area and foyer completely (meaning primed and painted). We've also been able to prime the guest bedroom and the guest bathroom, so now we just have to paint that. BUT we still have the garage, office, the master bedroom, and the master bathroom to go. Phew.

I'm looking forward to the day when we can focus on wall colors instead of the trim! I will say though, that the trim is looking 100% better. The Mr. and I agreed that the cream colored trim made everything seem dingy and dirty. The white trim makes everything look refreshingly clean. Is there anything a good coat of white paint can't make look better? I'll have to post pics of our progress soon. Hope you guys are having a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment