Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On the road again...

Okay, okay... so I'm a horrible blogger. I haven't done very well lately keeping everybody updated. The truth is... I'm worn slap out. I feel like the Mr. and I are constantly on the go. Our schedules have been evolving over the last month or so since the Mr. got a new job. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining -- I feel so blessed that the Mr. is gainfully employed... I'm just worn out. Since the Mr. got a job closer to where I work (which is at least 30 minutes away from home when there's zero traffic), we're trying to save gas money by riding to work together when we can. Now, we have to LEAVE the house at 6:30am in order to get the Mr. to work by 8:00am (durn traffic!), and then I drive to work from there (which only takes about 10 minutes). Phew. Then I try to leave work by 4:45pm to pick up the Mr. at 5:00pm, and it takes us until 6:00pm or so before we're home. What a day. I'm sure this is a normal commute for a lot of people who live in bigger cities, but this guy and gal from smaller towns just aren't used to it. Needless to say, by the time we get home, cook dinner, and get everything ready for the next day , I'm pooped. I don't even have kids -- I just don't know how parents do it. They must summon some incredible amount of energy from somewhere deep down, or they're just tired all the time (my guess is the latter). I can't imagine having to throw baths, homework, and putting kids to bed into my already tight schedule. Props to all the parents out there. I don't know how y'all do it.

Just when we get used to this crazy schedule, it'll change again since the Mr. will be starting seminary. Instead of me dropping him off at work and then picking him up, he'll have to drop me off -- which means I'll be at work from like 7:30 to 5:30. Crazy, huh? Let's hope the change goes smoothly.

Also, the Mr. and I have been traveling quite a bit on the weekends the last two months. With Easter, Mother's Day, and the Mr.'s first sermon (he did great -- but I'm probably definitely prejudiced), we've been hitting the roads hard. As a matter of fact, due to an accident, we spent 7 hours in a car one way the Friday before last -- the trip should only take about 3.5 hours. BLAH! I haven't had much time to work on the house or anything else for that matter. The only project I've devoted any time to is couponing, which is coming along slowly. It's saving us money -- but I'm sure I've got a ton more tricks/tips to learn.

Even though we've been spending countless hours in the car, it's always great to see family. They're so encouraging, and seeing them gives me that little boost of energy that I need to get through the next week. Even though it's a short week, it's also a busy week for so many -- including us Hightowers! Here's hoping you guys have a wonderful rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment